Bob Rehak is not convinced that using taxpayer dollars to fund for-profit, charter schools is a good idea. He believes that the money taxpayers already spend can offer more choice and produce excellent results within non-profit, public schools…if properly focused.
Based on his teaching experience, Rehak believes the main things that contribute to student success are:
- Parental interest, involvement and encouragement
- An environment that encourages engagement and excellence at every level
- Ensuring teachers have the tools, opportunity and motivation to inspire every student
- Instilling a lifelong love of learning, exploration and community service
- Encouraging students to be the best they can be, no matter what career path they choose
- Participating in sports and extracurricular activities that help students grow physically, socially and in other ways that keep them channeled in a positive direction